The Iris Foundation
The Iris Foundation is for the prevention of suicide. Primarily focused on young people and their families on the Central Coast of New South Wales, but does not exclude any individuals identified as at risk.
The Foundation is administered by a volunteer Board of Directors and was established in 2006 by Bev Baldwin and Dawn Hooper – both familiar with the impact of suicide through their personal and professional experiences.
It is the mission of the Iris Foundation to promote early intervention as a key means to the prevention of suicide on the Central Coast.
The Iris Foundation aims to achieve its mission through:
- Encouraging identification of gaps in current service provision and providing resources geared to addressing those gaps
- Providing support and financial resources for services and programs for at risk individuals and their families when no alternatives are available
- Engaging individuals, groups and companies to assist in any way they can to make this a reality
- Continuing to raise funds and building the Foundation as a lasting legacy for the benefit of the Central Coast community
- Fundraising campaigns, corporate sponsorship, and a joint effort will provide the resources required to assist Central Coast services in early detection and appropriate intervention
If you feel the Iris Foundation is worthy of your support just email a note to email@example.com as we would love to make contact with you.
Collectively the Coast can make a huge difference in helping to prevent the tragedy of suicide by supporting initiatives aimed at early intervention.