Programs for Parents and Other Adults
The Life Connections program aims to educate individuals to become more aware of their inner resources and build resilience – the ability to withstand stress and catastrophe.
Resilient people can apply their skills and strengths to cope and recover from problems and challenges, which may include job loss, illness, financial problems, medical emergencies, divorce or the death of a loved one.
Program format for Life Connections is as follows:
- 6 sessions of 2.5 hours duration
- 10-12 participants
- Hosted at a range of external facilities, such as job network offices, neighbourhood centres and other community groups
- Led by 2 trained and experienced facilitators
- Includes an engaging mix of creative projects and group discussion
- Weekly topics include personal needs, goal setting, healthy relationships, self-esteem and optimism
Participants gather practical tools to help them bounce back quickly from setbacks, and to feel more connected with themselves, their families and the wider community.
First piloted in 2016, Life Connections is suitable for any adult age group.