Iris Foundation works primarily on the Central Coast of NSW to help prevent suicide by facilitating awareness campaigns, programs and partnerships which enhance community connectedness and wellbeing.
Iris Foundation was established in 2006 by Bev Baldwin and Dawn Hooper, both familiar with the impact of suicide through their personal and professional experiences. It is administered by a volunteer Board of Directors.
The Foundation recognises the impact of suicide in our community, but also recognises the strength of our community, the value in each and every one of us and the known protective factors of resilience, connectedness and hope.
- Improving life skills and resilience of individuals in our community
- Encouraging wellbeing and early help seeking
- Encouraging connectedness within our Central Coast community
- Increasing awareness of suicide prevention through community conversations
- Reducing the stigma which surrounds suicide and mental ill-health
Iris Foundation facilitates and supports numerous programs and campaigns which address all or some of these aims.
We are extremely grateful to our sponsors and supporters that help us continue to have an impact at a grass-roots level.
If you feel the Iris Foundation is worthy of your support, please email a note to firstname.lastname@example.org – we would love to make contact with you.
Too often, we underestimate the impact of creating hope in someone’s life.